Wednesday, February 23, 2011

where no one has gone before - attack the snack diet

I am on day three on my attack the snacks diet. If it takes 5 months to create a new habit than I have 4 months and 27 days to go. That will have to be about 1 million choices to make. That is kind of over whelming. I better take it one day at a time for a while. Choosing water, tea, or other friendly choices may take some creative thinking. So far I'm good with it.
Friendly choices, I am prone to rationalize but I learned a few years ago I can trade fat (which taste good) for spices that are healthy. I now will have to trade all my little snack habits for things that are healthy but keep in the life of things. Maybe a creative outlet, or friendships built, or finding things to enjoy that are not centered on food. When I think about it I feel like my old friend, Captain Kirk going where no one has gone before. Yet I know there are many people who have learned long ago food to live not live for food. I wish it was easy for me.
Went for a walk before work today and have walked over 13000 steps today. Did strength training and talked with two friends. One friend we called Hoss because he looked like Hoss Cartwright of the old TV series. He had a difficult time in college and he would come over to study with me. I always called him by his real name. The other friend has renewed my faith because somethings are just real and genuine. Health isn't just x's and o's but there is an art to it. Maybe the equation, + perspiration + inspiration = health. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net