Tuesday, February 22, 2011

war with snacks day 2 - Beginning new habbits hang in there

Finished my second day on my war with snacks. Cup of decaf coffee for teaching class and a glass of water as I did my nightly reading. After class took a one mile indoor walk at a easier pace to reach my 10,000 steps and relax at night. Reading a Sherlock Holmes mystery from radio, True grit and finishing WW2 classic on The Old Breed a well written account of the war in the pacific. I was of connecting with my dad who was a vet of that campaign. My dad has been gone 16 years and his memories are still with me. It wasn't easy with my dad, but he loved me and was there for me. That counts big time in my book.
Back to reading, some of this stuff stimulates me but in time with music in the background, pleasant feeling of sleep comes to me. Reading now portions of the gospels digging deeper into the walks of Jesus takes all sort of turn for meditation. Jesus fished his parables in Matt. 13, leaves Capernaum and walks to 15 to 20 miles to Nazareth where his home town rejects his known wisdom, miracles, and person. Sometimes at home one gets the smallest response. The walking the 20 miles we tend to take little note. When is the last time you walked 20 miles? Today I walked 5 miles. Walking was a regular occurrence for Jesus.
Reading the Bible later though is simpler, I look for one thing to focus on and react with in prayer and response. My mind goes through the cares of the day and requests given. daily forgiveness brings it sweet release for rest. My body prepares for a nights rest.
Reach 10,000 steps and time to take a nice stretch. Walking, strength training, stretching gaining control of our eating's we all have our needs. Never get discouraged with little steps and initial struggles. It takes time to develop healthy habits. Yeah I will look better and even take years off my life but in the end it is how I feel and my health is the journey, it is a good reason to get started. But even a better one I thing is living better for the service of our creator, one more day fuller, what do you think? Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net