Saturday, February 26, 2011

Snacks or living snack-war

War on my snack diet continues. It is getting easier and my will is more resolved. I have been making the correlation between my obesity and diabetes. If I was diabetic would I give up certain foods to live? Many diabetics I know struggle with this. Many and I won't give names cheat on their diets all the time.
Being a cub fan since before I was born I have always been fascinated with the life and career of Ron Santo who struggled with juvenile diabetes his whole life. The fact he had such a good career with the disease should have put him in the hall just on courage alone. I can not imagine facing 90+ fastballs and seeing three pitchers on the mound as a result of impair vision due to diabetes. Ronny did alot to help others with the disease, in my book he is already in the hall.
If I were diabetic would I give up food to live? If I take that argument to where I am now would I give up snacks to reduce weight and improve my health for my life ahead of me? I know being fat and active is better than being skinny and sedimentary, but it is time to put up or shut up and lose the weight. saying all this I know it takes time but give up snacks, OK yes! I will weigh in tomorrow and I will let you know the result of the first week. For me weigh ins are better weekly or bi weekly if you are on a plan to lose. day to day weigh-ins drive me crazy. When I reach my goal near my BMI and what my doctor thinks then I shall revisit the world of snacks hopefully with a plan to keep the weight healthy. If my plan here breaks I will let you know. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net