Thursday, February 3, 2011

Beyond Brokeness


I have thinking of life is filled with many things good and bad. On the bad we live in a fallen and broken world. All around us we see this. Politicians, science, philosophy, and every branch of learning try to fix it and make great claims to progress and somewhere else the dam breaks, wars break out, bad things happen. Work happened in the garden and later in the fallen world. Work became harder and full of difficulty. Work may be filled with toil and hardship but it holds back the effects of sin and death. There are benefits to work that I liken to repairing an old home. I live in a house that is over 130 years old. Repair happens all the time. But in view of the blizzard and a rather cold winter I kind of like the results of the work with my family warm and protected inside. Add Image
Relationships get broken but we can be forgiven and restored. Health can decline but we can get rehab and treatment. Jobs can be lost and we can be retrained. Problems for sure are not always easy to fix but we can set out and work to improve our lot. No matter where we stand in life we can turn to the One who can help with our burdens. Work in the final analysis can not be done with out Him. Many have did it their way but in the end even they need Him.
Yesterday, we shoveled 18 inches of snow that turned out to be a beautiful day. Today and yesterday I did 30 minute indoor walks. Today I also did 30 + minutes of resistance training. Did a little reading and work on my Jesus walk studies. Took a great picture of my grandson Liam and had a wonderful supper from the skilled hands of my wife Barb. Health is all of our lives but it helps to keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net