Friday, February 25, 2011

Don't have to be perfect to get healthier


Not bad for a two mile run

Walking works, today out at the park I was able to jog 2 miles non stop except for a picture I took of a deer. My breathing was relaxed and easy. Next week I may pick up pace a tad. My picture was taken right after the run. Felt really good.


Five days no snacks. eating just portioned 3/4 plates. Meals include at least 6 servings of fruits and veggies. My attack the snack diet is still on track. Yesterday worked out with weights and push ups and situps. I will weigh in in a couple of days. I hope to loose a couple of lbs a month. Dr. Ken Cooper has said and written several times cut eating after 6 and the weight will drop.


Visited my eye doctor and tests show it is time to remove the other cataract. I can only tell you the first time I was anxious about surgery on the eye. The surgery team was good and helped me through it. I don't like the idea of another one but I know how much it improves sight. With my clear eye I was enjoying looking at the woods, prairies, and animals.



Had to stop to take picture of deer
My running hat is fading but is perfect to sweat in and work out in. It is like an old friend.


Does all of this change me into the fountain of youth? Hardly, but it does help knowing I feel better and inside my body things are improving, like blood pressure, blood sugar, ringing of the ear, cholesterol, triglycerides. Sleep has improved form one to three hours a night to 5 to 8 hours a night. My physical strength and flexibility has improved and joint pain has been under control with less medicine. I could go on and on but you get the idea, it is worth it. Soon I want to write a few experiences about friendships and health. Yeah I still the fat man walking, but isn't it cool we don't have to be perfect to get healthier. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net