Saturday, February 19, 2011

Did a nice little run walk - back on the trail


Most of the snow is gone and the walks and trails are clear. Cars are at the trail heads and people are out on the trail. Old familiar faces to be seen and new ones too. Many share as I pass spring is soon here. Years ago I used to coach tennis and in February the weather would break and we have a week of warmer clear days. I used to get exited about being back on the courts again and enjoying the game. In March on the courts again we would have rains and a cold snap to make me always think what was I thinking about in February as I would now brace for the colds and strong winds we have sometimes all the way through the middle of May when it would feel like tennis season again. My best games were always in the heat of summer when I would work up a good sweat.

Walking may have similar experiences but it is easier to dress for the weather and enjoy even March as it comes in with a lion. On days when you can walk earlier in the day the better.

Today's walk included a mile walk and a mile jog. Indoor walking helped me be ready for the jog and soon I will be up to two mile jogs and three a few times a week. Aerobic walks will then fill out my weekly routine. Billy ran his own pace and we met back at the car.

Last night I spoke at a lockin and and the kids had a good time. Slept a few hours and was encouraged by my son to go out to the park. After a mile warm up walk I was ready to pick up my pace is first a slog then a jog. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net