Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Laughing is good for you

I liked the view near sunset
Laughing particularly a belly laugh relaxes us and helps us with stress. As we get older it is harder for us to laugh. Kids find it easier to laugh.
I taught a Sunday school class once and the guy who opened the class in a monotone as he went over the illnesses and obituaries not just in the church but the town as well. He was a natural Egor.
Maybe I should have said this joke:
By: Contributed by Colin Taylor
Lying on his deathbed, a loving husband was wavering between life and death when he thought he smelled chocolate chip cookies baking. They were his very favourite, so he dragged himself out of bed, crawled to the kitchen and was just reaching up to take a cookie off the plate when his wife slapped his hand with a spatula.
"Don't touch!" she commanded. "They're for the funeral."
There were very aware of me only feet away
It is easy to withdraw into a safe world as we get older. Indoor walk with Leslie Sansone can be done in front of your computer or TV. It doesn't take alot of space. Watching a funny show a couple times a week or reading humorous books. Walking with a dog or friend can help you feel safe on an outdoor walk. Getting involved in local senior groups at church or community center can help you do more social things. Volunteering once or twice a week can boost your spirits. Going to breakfast with old friends from work or church once a week can lead to other things to do.  It is very possible that you can't do all these things at once. Add one thing a week or month and follow up on it. In two to three months you will see how it helps. Then add another thing.
Develop your own bucket list. Think of ten things you want to do before you die. I think in the movie with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson it was a more. I have my Bucket list. One I want to go to the British Isles and walk from one village to the next and stop at a pub. There are a few other things I like to do but that is one. There are a few old friends I would like to see. I would like to publish a few of my studies on health and the Bible and Devotional walks with Jesus. Daily I would like to have more friends and have an old age that was lived well.
Sunset over a little pond
It is a nice day for a walk and I am planning to do a 30+ minute walk. The pictures shared today were taken last night. Barb and I will be seeing the Movie "Iron Lady". Here are couple links on laughter. Keep walking

  • Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
  • Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
  • Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
  • Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
  • http://www.cooperaerobics.blogspot.com/2012/03/laughing-away-stress.html?_inv_out=10455&_inv_cp=7887063

    Laughter is good for your health http://www.helpguide.org/life/humor_laughter_health.htm

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net