Friday, April 27, 2012

I am making progress

John and Maria Gelsthorpe
Under a shade tree
I have been encouraged to find my blog has encourage people to walk. My walking has become daily now that my foot is positioned in a way to relieve a pinch nerve. Right now my walking time has been 30 minutes. My walks at work increase my steps in my day. At this time at night my foot feels pretty comfortable. Wow and thanks are my response. I will increase my time as the summer approaches. Right now my aerobic time in my walks is a little over twenty minutes. I start with a warm up and end with a cool down pace. With each day I find my breathing is less winded. My pace has slightly increased. With out pain I can work on my fitness.
Having a positive walking experience has encourage me to make moderate choices in my diet. My focus is on each day. A healthy breakfast and lunch with smart eating at dinner. One plate not filled. This week no after supper eating. My fruits and veggies have been 5 to 8 servings. In one way I am  throwing out a time line about weight loss. As I think this through I have to take a day at a time, be more mindful of my choices and be encouraged as I go. I know the attack the snack diet works, but I am modifying a bit to focus more on each day with good choices. Let me know some good choices you have made that help you.
The weather has been cooler and I have noticed a drop off on the trails. A cool day though is a good day for walking. Dress for the weather and within a few minutes you won't notice the cool temperatures.
For those of you who are starting to walk, remember it is your walk. You will make progress if you make walking a habit. Work with your doctor in making good health choices and hang in there. I have had my share of setbacks, but I know walking works.
I have noticed this year alot of progress with the kids I work with at school. Being an encourager and a gentle support has paid off in the long run. I have also worked with a competent staff who floor me with their skill and insight into the the task of educating. This stuff doesn't make the headlines but it should. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net