Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I drank in God has brought me this far, what is ahead?

Stacy ocean adventure, I dig the sunset
I think it is the healthy state I find my self in because this year I was mindful that today was my birthday. I took the day to enjoy it myself. For a few minutes I remembered a life time of 6 decades and gave thanks to God for caring for me through the years. There were times where I went through life threatening situations and He protected me. I doubt I could count the thousands of times He protected me from harm I never saw.
How many people watched the film in the wee
hours of the night and became edcutors?
60 years is more than escaping death, I have talked or saw people that were born in the 1860's and probably a few from the 1850's. To think that they seen or talked to people from the Revolutionary War. My memories go back into the late 1950's and people are wrong about the 50's they were full of change and dynamic. I certainly was not bored as a kid. A lot of my childhood happened outside the house. There was no problem with entertainment. There was always a game being played, a chance to go swimming. games were played until dark. In one neighborhood you could replay combat and have complete squads playing war games against each other, Most of the time we made our own guns.
Brief thoughts of life lived and I am thankful for 60 years.
It is more than my travels, it is about friends, family, overcoming, being loved and loving. Took time to check the new brace for my foot. This will help relieve nerve pain and allow me to pursue my passion for walking. Barb and I went for a walk today and went to a steakhouse . Later ate my twinky cake with pudding, bananas, whipppcream and sprinkled with blue berries. My family won't eat it because they think it is high calorie. More to enjoy for a few days.
Taken in Portland There are great walks through out the world
We took a 32 minute walk following a stream up in Naperville. There is so much to be thankful for and to be thankful too. Many thankful wishes on face book. That is cool so many have said, happy Birthday.
It has been a life of helping so many people, in Africa and there many bold moments is that service I can tell you. Before that in the mental hospital and bible studies at local colleges. Helped others in a city mission, in the streets helped down and outers. Other mental hospitals, thousands of kids through summer camp. Mission trips helping kids and youth in a local church, so many faces and so many lives. There were a few people I rescued from the water including my wonderful boy now an man. There have been some runaways I found care for, I loved taking on their abusers, have you ever seen where bullies when it comes down to it are cowards when they meet one who may better them. I can't tell what fun I have had with that.
I don't feel 20. But tonight I feel the benefits of recent walking and stretching and light weight training I feel strong.
At work this year I feel alive everyday. A big thanks for the teachers who allow me to be me. The kids have done well this year. I am thankful for our principle who works behind the scenes to make our job more successful. Nearly 30 years working their I I feel good like Mr. Chips. There are so many people who were in there own way Mr. Chips.
At 60 there is the unexplored country, I walk today, I read today, I teach today, I learn today, I live today, I loved and been loved. This seems the best way to live tomorrow. It is my hope for doing wonderful things in my 70's and eighties. So today I breathed in my birthday and said thanks. A Windy but beautiful day. I will say good night to my birthday, In the days ahead as best I can. I may now long take on pimps with weapons or bullies beating their children. But then who knows.  I have 13 minutes to drink in my birhtday. Thank you mom ands pop, even though your marriage was a bad one you had two boys  whom you love as best you could. Some of was crazy, but your effort to love made a big difference.
I know you are out  there who had difficulty with parents. In the last year I have taken time to reclaim my life and live in the moment and not taking the blame for their problems. I know they loved me but they did alot of crazy stuff that was not my fault. In the next twn years I am charting my own course and taking full resoncibily for the outcome. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net