Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Living in the moment notjust the events.

Years ago I talked with many who looked at retirement and what they were going to do. We all have made weekend plans and look forward to them. Same goes for vacations and occasions. But this year I have plans for this weekend and a vacation, but I want to live each day as well. I know it doesn't have to be a party. But looking at ways to enjoy what I do at home or work or church that is what counts.
I have completely turned my work experience around. I am using the same approach to turn my after work hours something to look forward to. Enjoying family meals, enjoying those around me. Choosing what I want to watch on TV and watch it when I want to. Looking forward to face book, blogging, walking, workouts, drives with Barb, books to read. Cooking on the grill, now I have ideas from all around the world. I have learned new ways to cook. Movies, disc golf, home improvement projects that are making a big difference in our living. When I am out seeing  family I want their company. Hey I know loneliness, family is cool. Every possible action I take could benefit me or someone else.
Flowering tree on walk around the pond.
Lately I have dispensed of negative thinking about my job. I don't entertain those thoughts at night and I don't wake up with those thoughts in the morning. Instead I can see the positive things I do in the day and their effects on others. I now look forward to each day at work and when I am at work I try to live in the moment and get involved with the class, kids, and teachers to make the class, but  better. When I go home I have new experiences where I helped through out the day and it sets me up for tomorrow. There are problems, but that becomes part of my job. There was a problem I did not solve that day Walking and living where we are. Living today and not thinking of what I may do at some point later.
Yard work I have refreamed as well. Thank to P. Allen Smith and Robert and Janice from California they have introduced  a new way to look at yard work. As I look out my windows and doors I seek interesting things. It is a way to bring the outdoors in and each window becomes a painting you look at. Cutting grass today, I felt good aerobically and physically.  Walking of late makes it easier. Check out a step conversion chart for mowing. I can be a great part of fitness. Walking daily makes mowing possible for me. I have a large yard so I mow 20-30 minutes and take a break. On a hot day, I may break 15 minutes. There is nothing that says I have to get it done so I listen to my body. I drink plenty of fluids.

Mallard Ducks swimming Shot for bridge, Waked a mile
I wish I could write it better but it comes down in a nutshell I am learning to widen the area in with I live into new ways and look at the routine stuff and be mindful of how important it is or chuck it. Between retirement , I want to do the things I will do later. Before vacation I am going to go on dates with Barb. If I pursue to help people with mental care and falling through the cracks then I seek to minister with them with insight and hope.My years of Psychiatric training I will not let go to waste. I can be a Libri' or shelter to the weak. I may be a bridge for other to to reach out to. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net