Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A year removed from depression and anxiety, feels great!

Liam at 16 months
First day with new orthopedic insert. The two hours I wore the device my ankle felt good. I will wear it about the same time tomorrow and a little more the next day. From two weeks ago I am walking again and my time is increasing. I have been able to walk 30+ minutes and I am able to walk 5 to 6 times a week. I am spending time stretching and therapeutically moving and strengthening my ankle. Getting range of motion is for me a slow progress.
I am amazed at how well I feel a year after being treated for depression and anxiety. I am able to sleep and control my anxiety with confidence. Learning ways to combat depressive thought and anxiety is part of it and the other part is the medicine that helps restore chemical balance in my brain. Like a player in sports there is things you have to do to be able to be in the game, but medicine plays a part too. Treatment is better than not being able to sleep, having fears related to breathing and anxiety you can't control with prayer and trust. Feeling good about work, life, and self is a bonus.
Donavon's 12th Birthday
When I speak of depression and anxiety, I am not speaking of sin or faith. I actually stayed in fellowship with God throughout my treatment. When I was in the hospital I had pretty good quiet times. My roommate was fast asleep at 9:00 pm. It allowed me to read and pray and meet with God. many nights I was up with insomnia, I enjoyed my times with God. The problem was I could not get to sleep and I could not control my anxiety. In time I was overcome  with depressive thinking. If I had cancer or heart disease I could not heal my self, and it was the same for me with depression anxiety. If you find yourself with fears you can't explain or feelings of depression and loss of sleep, forget what others may think. Who cares about that when you can be free of the weight of it. There are treatments today that do work and skilled people to help you get better.
I know I sound like a commercial but I also know how hard it is to seek help. Gee Beaver, I do feel better, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net