Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanks, for visiting the fatman

Satellite cells


Mehmet C. Oz, MD, and Michael F. Roizen, MD report loss of muscle particular "your "fast twitch" muscle fibers that power quick moves," from our 30's onward. In our 50's we see it. Later in our 60's and 70's we feel it when we are unable to stop a fall. Endurance training can be used to regain 47% boost in these cells that repair our muscles.

Cooper aerobics shares strategies to stay on top of holiday health. I read as well many of the things we eat if prepared in a healthy way can be very good for us. Beware though it has been my experience that many in the family will resist healthy changes. So how to get by? I have found keeping to one helping helps. Add morning walks on the holiday and you may feel good about the season.  Try new recipes that are cooked and prepared that are better for you and some of them may make a new tradition. Don't surrender taste.



http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/thanksgiving_collection_1

Thanksgiving has for years been a favorite holiday. Barb and I it starts with a walk at Pilchard Park. We gather with friends for breakfast and a thanksgiving song and testimony time. Then we are off for friends and family meals.

What are you thankful for this year? Some of my friends and family have had losses to deal with. There is a hope in faith we will meet again. Jesus said, "Jesus said to her,  I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”The loss is inevitable for all of us, but we can be thankful for hope.
I am thankful for my journey in health this year. One thing I added this year was resistance training. My eyesight has been improved and my chronic pinch nerve in my ankle has been relieved. I am thankful I am still on the quest to walk. I am reasonably sure I will be able to walk through my 60's. It is a good hypothesis anyway. I am thankful for the books I have read this year and the friends in my life. Where would I be without Barb? Liam, Kendal, Donovan, Addison and Spencer I am thankful for. I am thankful for the over 12,000 visitors to my blog. So let's keep walking.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net