Saturday, November 24, 2012

My take on what is biblical

Walking in his steps
Kristin Ruther tweeted me an article My Take: The danger of calling behavior ‘biblical’ by Rachel Evans. Rachel got me thinking. There are a lot of things that are biblical, like man's sins, Satan principles and words, polygamy, child sacrifice. Things God does not endorse but does record that we might learn from. Does God reveal truth and wisdom about these things and other values such as marriage, value of women, care of the poor and down trodden, the value of the unborn and the care of the elderly. It is Biblical to be in a marriage where both are submissive to God, caring for each other faithful to death. Divorceabandonment, abuse, polygamy all seen in the Bible for what they are, sin, biblical is what was in the beginning that Jesus endorsed and the apostles affirmed in principles. Truly biblical is thought out and revealed. 
It would be great if both parties had biblical principles to care for the poor and down and out, marriage and care for the unborn and elderly. Let's add to this the end of abuse of women and children. It is biblical to care for our planet as well. Working these things out has always been the problem and that is in the Biblical record as well. 
Is  it Biblical to walk 30 minutes a day? The direct answer is no. But we find in the Bible walking through out. Walking 30 minutes a day is good science and health. Walking 10,000 steps may be closer to what they had done in the Bible. They did not have pedometers, but they walked all day and walking 10,000 steps is closer to a Biblical ideal. The truth about walking is too many of us are too sedimentary and obese and need the 30 minute walk. I am still the fat man walking so I am going to continue to walk until that changes. Thanks Rachel for getting me thinking. Keep walking
Rachel's article
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/17/my-take-the-danger-of-calling-behavior-biblical/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net