Sunday, August 12, 2012

Why, why, why? Let's take a walk

We often ask why. We may feel it lacks faith on our part. We may feel we will get no answer or will be angry at the answer we get.
When I typed in "why" in my Bible software I got 430 responses. I can tell you Biblically why questions are in bounce. I looked at the why questions in Psalms and they all defy pat replies. They are bold searching questions that real people in pain ask. This blog like others on vacation are typed from a iPhone. My response will be brief and somewhat inadequate and I hope to pick up the idea later.
Why is a great question. Genuine people ask why. We live in a fallen world where things go wrong. Part of what is wrong is us. God is patient in allowing us time to know Him as Savior. In faith many of our why questions can be answered as God reveals His word to us. These answers don't come wrapped up in a nicely made movie or book.
Because we are wrapped up in our life on earth, some why questions will remain a mystery. We are eternal creatures destined to continue after death. The best why questions will be answered by God Himself.
So we walk today to help our life on planet earth. Things happen that can really shake us. That's why we need each other in counsel, friendship and prayer. Go ahead ask why - be patient and keep having your devotions. Oh yeah, keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net