Sunday, August 19, 2012

Some I learned from my walk with Jesus

In my walk with Jesus studies I have been studying Matt. 22, Mark 12, and Lk. 20 in what I have labeled walk 34. The walking Jesus does here Is an early and late 2 mile walks to and from Bethany and walking as he teaches and confronts the leadership in Jerusalem.
One group He confronts is the Sadducces who don't believe in life after death, angels and any writing outside the Torah. So they brought a ridiculous illustration that reveals their attitude about life after death. Jesus aware of their motive and attitude told them they were wrong about what the Bible teaches and the power of God. The Bible clearly teaches man has a eternal soul and the body will be raised. For MAN to get to heaven it will take God's power.
Jesus takes the Sadducees to Exodus one of the books they accept to the event of the Burning Bush and points out that God told Moses He was the God of the patriarchs and Jesus pointed out that they were alive and not dead. The bible elsewhere speaks of Moses, Elijah, Abraham appearing alive to others and being recognize.
This summer with friends and family passing it is a great truth revealed in the Bible that there is life after death. Putting our faith in Jesus as our Savior assures us our eternity will be with the Lord. I think of this as a bottom line truth for walking for fitness. It matters to the quality of life in this life and what we bring into eternity. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net