Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rest, Relax, Rejuvenate

Rejuvenate should be the outcome of a vacation. Both Barb and I would like more time together down here. Three weeks has been great. We did a lot of what we like to do. Plenty of time to enjoy the gulf, a few movies and books. Time to our selves and time to pray for love ones back home.
We both got a walking boost. One thing that I got out of it is how much I like Being with Barb. She is probably the biggest reason the fat man is walking.
One of the things I have learned from past vacations is don't over plan. I have taken trips crammed with activity. We need time to rest and enjoy less activity more. A few hours at the beach is better than a whole day at the beach. An early or late restaurant date is better when the day hasn't been filled with rush. Enjoying one or two locations is better than rush trip to see everything. Including walking, swimming, hiking, biking on your vacation gives a closer experience where you are than driving, and is good for your health.
Relaxing and taking our time with love is the desert of it all. Being older I think has a lot to do with this. I know what love is like when you are younger. But being with your mate older is cool too. Maybe you remember Billy Crystal talking about his parents making love and everybody laughed. Our bodies age but our love grows. One thing I know it makes a great part of a vacation. Aerobic walking helps. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net