Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Moving feels good, you know it

Most of us old guys are blown awy with the
fitness of many girls on the trail. Some these
girls ahave notice how hard you are working
Be careful not to out do them, pay attention
to your body.
In a way I can't get over it how it feels to walk nearly 8,000 steps at work and not feel ankle pain. I read an article which suggests  we  may not move from sedimentary living to active living just knowing the negative side to it as not moving could lead to heart, lung, diabetic, cancer problems. Jane Brody reports for the NY Times,

 


"A desire to lose weight or improve your figure? To keep heart disease, canceror diabetesat bay? To lower your blood pressure or cholesterol? To protect your bones? To live to a healthy old age?
 
You'd think any of those reasons would be sufficient to get Americans exercising, but scores of studies have shown otherwise. It seems that public health experts, doctors and exercise devotees in the media -- like me -- have been using ineffective tactics to entice sedentary people to become, and remain, physically active."
Instead she goes on t report we need to "portray physical activity as a way to enhance current well-being and happiness."
Getting out and walking makes us feel good. It give us a chance to meet people and share the experience together. I walk walking and jogging with the encouragement from Scott's blog Walking to Retirement. He walks 1/2 marathons and runs. He is going to 100 races before he retires. If you read his blog you will learn how he feels.
How do feel as you move? Less pain? More agile,
able to d things, breathed good
Short walks or longer you will feel better when you move. You will enjoy your meal more and at the other end you will be able to move your bowels. Walking and water works wonders.
My aerobics walking improves my love life. I have confidence and endurance to safely enjoy sex.
How exercise makes me feel today is the first link to developing the habit of exercise.  I enjoy the trail I am on  and the beautiful young and old alike sharing the trail. I was sitting on a bench doing push-ups and dips, crunches when I beautiful girl ran by and I complimented her pace and staying with it this summer. She smiled at me at warmed an old man' heart. Barely breathing she said I was doing a do job and to keep it up. I was a wee out of breath but I put on a brave face. Now this lass has been impressing me the whole summer with her ease of movement and graceful style. She was no longer a machine but human and she smiled at me. Old men feel good at such encounters.
Men of a Certain Age walk the trail, enjoy the girls, their banter and the breakfast before. There bond keeps it going.
  Golf, Tennis, Frisbee golf all have bonding times and you feel better going it.
I now do 25 push ups. It is getting easier, I am seeing muscle growth. I swims strong in the water.

Go for a walk tomorrow. What three things did you feel better about?
Do resistance plan
  • squatted off the bed 25 X's
  • feet on floor lie in bed do 25 sit ups
  • feet spread for floor and do 25 push up
  • Do 25 bicept curl'
  • Do 25 pulls
  • do 25 each side doing tricid curls
  • Do over headpush ups
  • Do cruch workout and you have added
Easy adds 1000 steps to our day

As we do this, we will enjoy them. You will feel good today and be ready for tomorrow. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net