Wednesday, September 25, 2013

walking in Love

Of the 61 confirmed dead, many were Nigerians.
One of the things I want to do on my "bucket list" is to return to Africa. To go on another walk, visiting villiages and talking with people, enjoying their company would be my kind of Safari. To have another time to teach, support medical services, share the "good news" both being a possible blessing and being blessed by others, that is something to take heart in.
In Liberia I walked many trails and walking you see things different. I used to sit in villiges and listen to others tell their stories. We would laugh, cry, think, even have a palava (discuss some disagreement) work things out. Walking with my students I got to see another part of them where I was the student and they were teaching me about their jungle and life. many a times they would tell me of a snake, or danger nearby that I was unaware of. We played a lot of football, (what we call soccer) rain or shine.
At night I would listen to the music from surrounding areas as I saw the southern hemisphere. I saw life and death there, but every day I was doing something to help others. What I did went unnoticed and should because it involved little things. A school, clinic, church where we fed kids, helped those who were sick, shared the gospel all without forse or violence to people who are real and very human.
Spiritual abuse and killing in the name of God stands out by way of contrast. Where is the love? Where is the care? Where is giving in particular to those who are different? Killing the innocent takes no courage, it is evil and reveals the evil of a religion gone wrong. It isn't the words, it is the actions which show the truth. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net