Thursday, September 26, 2013

take a deep beathe and take it in...

Something I didn't see this morning, Meteor  
 My pedometer is motivating me. I have been able to reach my goal of 10,000 steps a day this week. Over 6,000 steps a day at work.
Sleep has returned and the exercise I know plays a part.

Older people doing incredible things with exercise
The Chicago tribune reported an encouraging article, Exercising into Old Age, where older people are training to do some pretty incredible things. It seems endurance sports can be done well by older people. My own goal of returning to the tennis courts will depend on my conditioning training and weight loss. I am not there yet, but I working on it. I don't care about the wins and losses because I am working on playing without falling. A loss of point doesn't matter.

My photo theme today focuses on some wonderful things around us. There is a lot things that pick up our spirits of the web and lift us up to walk and observe and enjoy the art of discovery.


World wide web - Thanks Anne Cassidy, cool picture
As I write I am listening to classical music to study by. Turns the library I am at into a very nice setting. I could walk to this music, except I enjoy the sounds on the trail. But it is great to blog by.

A big thanks to friends who sent me some encouraging notes. In return let me encourage you to enjoy your walk and the day. We have had sunny wonderful days with clear blue skies. In a few minutes I may go for a walk or sit and enjoy the evening off my deck. Read, talk, or just take in the moment it is all good. Keep walking

 http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/sc-health-0918-fitness-older-achieve-20130918,0,7301031,full.story

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net