Friday, September 27, 2013

I am not depressed, but this article caught my interests, some here are my thoughts

Manet
In my reading sections there was an interesting article on Is Suicide Painless? Quoted is the original article where the author says it is peaceful and OK, then the author gives His response.
Is Suicide Painless?
Will Meecham, MD, MA at Guideposts to Happiness
A picture tells a thousand words, maybe more.
Death has millions of possibilities in regard to pain and it only a guess as to what the person is suffering. I think we have the idea that we can make death clinical and clean. But any measurement will include heighten anxiety. For sure we can wear down and exhausted slip into eternity. But we can only view this from the outside at best.
I get it I am older, some days the skies are gray,
I still went for a swim, lets find good reasons to
carry on
It was been my experience to witness a suicide attempt or success about 10 times. It was never neat of clean. People who were successful with it, it was bloody and frightening to the victim. Several were unsuccessful, painful, and long regretted. One fella jumped from five stories and lived. He lost the use of half of his body, was reduced to life in a wheelchair, lost an eye. He spent months in painful rehab but resolved a will to live.
Depression convinces us of a peaceful romantic end, but it is never that. Some like Hemingway die for others to clean up and painfully deal with. What ever course is chosen painless is not an option.
I have read a book recently by Billy Graham on aging. It was a good read. His health has since become more frail. He still finds good moments with his children. I am sure he looks forward to heaven and reunion with his wife, but he stills embraces life God has for him. Life has good and bad, but loving God and others will protect us from depressions, lies and distortions. Keep walking
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net