Sunday, September 15, 2013

Little things add up

 I missed Kendall's game today. I owe her one.
Little things, add up in this game of health. Game has limits for a metaphor. A friend of mine has a small scratch, ends up with a serious bacteria infection. On the positive side little things like a pedometer, change in eating habits, healing to walk again all become part of a encouraging results. With out a doubt for me a pedometer encourages more steps. I don't want to end the day with less than 5000 steps. In class where I cn help kids by verbal or non verbal means the pedometer motivates me to get up and walk over to the kid and help them. My CP makes it hard to stand but walk no problem. Teens like the personal care. Teachers if you like to walk around your room as you teach, get a pedometer, you will be surprised how many steps. Eating to not feed the fat and eating to burn the fat is encouraging. I am already seeing results. My tendons around my knees have healed to the point where walking is comfortable. It is taking awhile but my ability to walk stairs and recover of breathing normal has improved. Walking 8-10 flights a day is paying off. Little things, things not to exiting make the difference.
On my walk today it had the feel of fall in the air. Our garden is giving big time. Unbelievable taste from our melons. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net