Sunday, August 4, 2013

Seniors say the darnedest things...


A husband and wife both 60 years old were celebrating their 35th anniversary. During their party, a fairy appeared to congratulate them and grant them each one wish. The wife said, “I would like to travel around the world.” The fairy waved her wand and …poof! The wife had tickets in her hand for a world cruise. Next, the fairy asked the husband what he wanted. He said, “I wish I had a wife thirty years younger than me.” So the fairy picked up her wand and …Poof! The husband was 90.
Ta da da boom!
Barb was reading me, you know you’re getting old when, and that hit my funny bone.  At the inn I am not kidding you; all I heard around me were couples talking about taking this medical test, this scope, this MRI …Romantic AAAA! The talk of the room was like late night commercials. if your in a restaurant with old guys like me, listen to the conversations, "Seniors say the darnedest things."
The inn itself is a log structure with a fireplace and plank and log roof.
The tables were set in close proximity to each other. I got up to let a couple out and he said to me, “I wished I had you in front of me when I played football.” I told you I was the fat man walking. There was no way he could squeeze past past me. When I played football myself, I was a lot smaller. All of a sudden “poof! I look like an offensive lineman.  Funny thing when I see teammates they now look more like ex linemen as well. We all would fit in to a John Madden Thanksgiving with 8 turkey legs. Jerry Raino has done well to stay in playing weight. Earl Crisp looked pretty good reff’in a basketball game. His girl was quite an athlete at the collegiate. But me, poof!
Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net