Monday, August 19, 2013

Find mindful ways to walk at work


At White Pines
School is back in session and each year there are new challenges. There is always something new to learn or to put into action. With this in mind I thought I make some changes as well. Maybe I can shake up the way I use my time at work at lunch and the way I work in the classroom. Due to my handicap I do not like to stand, but I can walk fine. I work in a great big building and the building can be my friend to walk my steps. Stairs are in and elevator out most of the time. Today it was all stairs, but there may be occasions when the elevator has to be used. Today I climbed 6 flights up and 6 flights down. At home I will use the stairs 2 to 4 times. Next my new strategy at lunch is to walk 20-25 minutes using a timer on my phone. The intensity will increase as I get back into shape. I need time to cool down and be ready for the afternoon classes and eat. Walking to assigned areas will give me 15 more minutes and walking to meet needs in class will also add time and steps to my day. I will replace my lost pedometer and I will let you know what I am gaining. My goal at work is to walk an hour and about 8000 steps at work.

Home workouts and walks will continue. Will I be able to walk and run we will see?

 There is a lot we can get from work but we have to find ways to break up the sedimentary times.  

I will be looking at ways to cut carbs and add protein at lunch. I do a pretty good job with fruits and veggies. Breakfast will be healthy but I am going to watch my serving size in cereal. My theme this year is to think skinny. I will bring some things I have done well and try to introduce new ideas to skinny eating.

One thing I have been doing is drink two glasses of water before the evening meal. I will track my progress on these things. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net