Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just thinking about a few things

This time of year it is hard for many of us to get a walk in before the sun goes down. The days are getting longer. We had a warm day today but in was raining. No complaints though we needed the rain. One of the places we can get extra steps is at work. Finding more reasons to move can help us move throughout the day. Both Real Age and Cooper Arobis and I will today give good information on how to walk throughout the day or brief times of exorcize that can make a big difference in our day. Taking a long drive, it good to take walking breaks.
In my day I work in a big building but I am often in a small place like a classroom. It is easy to sit around, but to fight this one of the ways that helps me us to walk around and help kids. I have never liked to stand with my uneven size in my legs but I can walk around just fine. Getting up from my chair is like doing a squat. So looking at is as movement for health I am just a little bit more motivated to help the kids. Helping them helps me. Any way it is a way to look at things. Their problems and success is why I am their to begin with, but it is also a win for me as I move through out. The day.
Several blogs I read today talked about the thunder that rolled through the Midwest last night and today. I was reading last night and the thunderstorm added to the reading. To curl up to a book in a storm has its appeal.
Had a discussion today on mental health where we talked about the benefits of medication and therapy in dealing with anxiety. Throughout my experience with panic attacks the truths of Phil, 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and 1 Peter 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Have been there. But when the brain and body have panic disorders it is somewhat different than worry or anxiety over problems. The fear is irrational and quite different. When I was younger and tried to help people who had panic attacks I have to admit now I really had no frame of reference to it. To walk in the shoes of one who has a panic disorder is hard to do if you never had the problem.
I've been reading a book and I can tell you the author has never had an irrational fear take control. It is my opinion that their is a biological base for the disorder and I think their is research to support it. In the future I believe this will bear out. Te good news is it can be treated today and I think down the road it will even be better. Walking of course is part of the solution. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net