Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Here is a good resourse for you on health

I received my monthly newsletter from Cooper Aerobics. I reconmend signing up for theStress-Less_E.jpg news letter as a good source of health science. You can sign up for the newsletter at http://www.cooperaerobics.com/Health-Tips.aspx

Get Cooperized
Much goes into getting 
cooperized. Although it’s different for each of us,
here are some general health guidelines:
  • Maintain a healthy weight
  • Eat healthy most of the time
  • Exercise most days of the week
  • Take the right supplements for you
  • Stop smoking
  • Control alcohol
  • Manage stress
  • Get a regular, comprehensive physical exam
When it comes to mental health and dealing with stress exercise can be one of the tools you use to deal with depression and stress.
As we age we all need a plan that fits us. Along the way we develop weaknesses or injuries that need rehabbing. Input from a physical therapist is invaluable. Fitness routines can be different at 60+ than when we were 25. The good news is when we add walking, resisitant training, stretching to our retiremnt or over 50 living the benefits are huge to how we feel.
Here is an article for food for thought,
Baby steps are keys for changes. It has been on my mind of late to be the not so fat man walking. I have already taken steps to lose weight. I have relooked at my portion control and I can add more fruits and veggies and reduce protien and carbs. I have conciously quit ice cream treats at night. I am looking forward to walking and many more days hitting the 10,000 steps mark for a day. Being mindful of these changes day to day is key.
Maybe success is found outside the realm of diet and exercise. Once good eating and fitness habits are in place we need to focus on the art of living. Somehow I think this helps with food addictions and sedimentry living. finding one activiy to enjoy or a friendship to be shared, a book to enjoy or movie, a board game with friends, a time of prayer or Bible study, music. If we baby step something each day will that help our health goals. Let's brainstorm this a little bit. Keep walking  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net