Sunday, July 15, 2012

Remembering Linda Gill, the voice of children and friends

Here's to you Mrs. G.
I think of the hundreds of kids she taught, coached, friends and family. When my son had his frst born, Ken and Linda visited and came back because the little guy was napping. She was there for her own and others.Here is what they wrote.
Returning the love Mrs. G, you loved them, thy loved you -

Thank You for being the only person capable of teaching me math. I am lucky to have had you for two years, but four would have been better… Thank You Megan Minarich

Dear Mrs. Gill math has never been my strong suit, however I’ve found that not only do I understand, but I enjoy geometry and math analysis. Thank you for being a youthful teacher, your energy and laughter make learning fun, Mary

Mrs. G is the greatest teacher of all time. You see we used to hate math. Then Mrs. G came into our lives, now we love it. It’s fun! Thanks – per. 3

Mr. & Mrs. Gill, Thank you for everything you guys have done. Mrs. Gill I have never enjoyed a class like I have enjoyed yours. You are the best teacher I ever had. (But that is because I never had Mr. Gill, just kidding)…   Laura Lewandowski

Mrs. Gill Thank you …A t first, I was having a rough time with it, but you stuck with me, and brought my grade back up to an A. I am so thankful for this. I really believe that I will remember and use all you taught me later in life. I always looked forward to coming to 7th period…Thanks again Kevin Hooper

Dear Mrs. Gill, You have always been so nice to me and I am happy to have a person like you as a teacher and friend, because I will always feel free to approach you as a son does his mother. Miles Vujauovic

Mrs. Gill I believe I got a lot out of the class…I would look at the lesson and not have any idea what to do and then you would explain it and I could do it easily…Sincerely, Adam Orlurik

Alex Beltzhoover Heaven is a better place with Linda's arrival.

... Linda Baldocchi Gill has been a part of every major event in my life for my entire life. During my formative years (when I really needed it), she gave me constant, unconditional encouragement and love that contributed in so many ways to the person I am today… her "pseudo son." Patrick Spangler

“I will always remember Mrs Gill for her unstoppable passion for teaching math. She had a lasting impact on me - not just for teaching me math, but also for making me feel comfortable with a subject that I was a bit afraid of. She showed so much compassion for this crazy mixed up kid. I'll never forget her… PJH colleagues.

Lara Morton Every time this photo comes up on my newsfeed, I stare at those beautiful eyes. She clearly was a woman who lit up the room from the inside.

Rita Barnes –…They are two special people in my book.”

Maribeth Callahan Amy, Your Mom looks exactly as I remember her from Prairie. So pretty and happy!

Lay Phonexayphova She was a big part of my high school experience. I have thought of her from time to time and I am so thankful to God she was brought into my life as a math teacher…I wish she could know I have two boys now…“a wonderful teacher and even better human being.” Lay will be teaching at West Point next year.

John Stiglich II Mrs. Gill, I will miss you. You were the first to encourage me to attend the University of Michigan, one of the best decisions I have ever made. Now, you and Bo can sit side by side and watch our boys on the gridiron. Always and forever, Go Blue!

Mary Lu Sweeney You were a great teacher and President of our Teachers Union. A friend to all.”

Annette Renee Jones “Thank you for always making the track and cross country feel like family when we entered your home. Coach Gill and Family....so very sorry for your loss”

Dan Spradley - “For the many years of working with her. The years on math team, and the value she held for students for education. Her warm Christmas parties.

Kathy Lausch “Mrs. Linda Baldocchi Gill you will be deeply missed and will always remain in the hearts of those who love you. You have touched the hearts of so many and your memory will live on forever…Love you alway, Kathy”

Sue Farmer Hofer “I share so many memories with Linda. It's hard to remember a time when Linda, Kenneth and Amy weren't in our lives. I'm so grateful for the time we had together and I'm honored to have called you My Friend. I miss you.”  Love Sue

I had Mrs. Gill at Prairie. She has always been one of my favorite teachers of all time.

Mrs. Gill was one of the many great teachers I had in life, and I know I am a better person for having been one of her students.

“Mrs. Gill was a wonderful teacher!” Julie Grochowski-Newtoff,

Mrs. Gill was an outstanding teacher and a lovely person. Patti Mullen-McGoldrick,

“Linda was/is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She was a fun person to be around and she was an amazing audience - she laughed at everything! Her humor and grace always filled the room. Furthermore...the Democratic Party lost one of our most proud, and devoted members. Till we meet again” Mrs. G...

I had Mrs. Gill at Prairie. She has always been one of my favorite teachers of all time. Michael Dziallo,

Mrs. Gill was one of the many great teachers I had in life, and I know I am a better person for having been one of her students… Know that her time away from you while she worked helped so many. Tom Egan,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net