Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bird walking - Isn't summer grand

Barb looking at an oriole
We walked 7000 steps birding. As we walked we listened for bird sounds then looked for birds we could see. Then we focused on finding them with the binoculars. Three birds we found were the beautifurd walkingl gold finch, an oriole and a dove. I was watching a finch when he took off and I followed the bird during it's flight. Seeing the bird magnified was fun. We used the park benches for push ups and dips. It is a nice way to get a full body work out.
The draught has really shrunken the pond and things are very dry. The trees are already loosing there leaves. We have had dry summers before but this summer has been particularly hot. The last couple of days have been cool by comparison and easy to walk out doors. Tonight we went to the movies at our local dollar theater. It was beautiful out in the parking lot with the final minutes of twilight. It would be a great night for star gazing.
A beautiful cluster of flowers
I have enjoyed pictures of friends and family out on the go this summer. There is so much to see and enjoy right where ever we live. I think this will sound like an old guy, but here I go anyway. When I am out for a walk my breathing gets deeper. Walking on the trail away from cars, it feels good to take in the fresh air. Zoos, trails, walks along a river, beaches, parks and neighborhoods it is good to get out each day for a walk. This Friday we are meeting with friends for breakfast. Some of them walk to breakfast.
Getting out helps us when we are healthy or fighting some problem with health. Each day we have there is something to grab a hold of. For a quiet time get a copy of Our Daily Bread. Online address, http://odb.org/ The booklet is three months of daily devotions you can put in your pocket. I can use my iPhone. A few minutes and you have a break from the stress of the day. walking gives your immune system a boost. Summer ain't it grand! Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net