Thursday, February 9, 2012

Took time to workout to relax?

At night is when I have unwanted anxiety comes upon me. I can listen to gentle hymns of faith or easy listening music. I can put a relaxation CD on. I can read short passage from my Bible and focus on one affirming truth. I can read a favorite mystery writer. I can look at  pictures of friends and family. I can hold a good memory like a rock from an enjoyable time. Tonight. I was a little restless so I worked out with squats at push ups and crunches. Then I topped it with a band work out. Felt good. Now I am ready to relax, sleep awaits.
Moon sets Thanks Elaine for the Picture

Sometimes dealing with anxiety it helps to relax by physically moving the body. Most exercise should be done three hours before bed time. But sometimes it is good to stretch and work out the tension. Doing anything to distract anxious thought is good. The anxious thought I am talking about is not something rational but is something quite different. If I am worried about my relationships spiritually or otherwise I can deal with that. If it is something between the Lord and I, that to has a remedy. But anxiety that is a disorder and biological is a different matter.

So I keep my techniques to lesson the grip of my anxiety near by. Exercise helps me gain control and is positive. It is not my only strategy nor is it my first. Gently moving at night helps with my pain of my CP. As we age many more people may find exercise will ease the aches and pains we have as we get older. Do you have anxiety that robs you of your sleep or health. See a doctor and get help. Don't worry what others may think. Who cares about that when we can feel better. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net