Saturday, February 4, 2012

Winter walks and thank you Lord for safety

Out for a winter walk

The Rego sisters out for a walk near Mt. Rainer. The walk was a big part of their vacation together. Walking can be part of any get away we have. It will probably be one of the things we can afford and take back the memories of the scenery and interaction with God's creation. I find a daily walk helps us enjoy our restaurant experiences. It aids us to unwind from the stresses of flying or travel and walks like Deb and Donna took may motivate walking when we get back home so that we can have another walk about in our next vacation or outing.

If you are driving a long distant, use the rest stops or small towns to take a ten minute walk every couple of hours. I believe it will help the circulation and help relieve stress from driving.

I used my iPhone to time out 20 minutes on my walk today then I walked back. The walk back was part of the trail 2 or three minutes closer to the car. The last 5 or 6 minutes of the walk I slowed down. Walked a total of 38 minutes then did some stretching. I was walking fast enough to be breathing harder but not out of breathe. I enjoyed the cold air on my face and was warm because of the walk and layers I had on. I am wearing one of my favorite walking jackets. There is something about clothes with history. Last year we had the big snow falls. This year warmer. The trail melted the ice so I could walk on it.
Walked 20 minutes, 18 minutes back

Thanks to Blogger I have been able to improve the blog. I added a page to encourage you to walk. The links I have on fitness and health I hope you find helpful. For those of you who would like to see the land of the Bible or Bible study I have a link site with quality sites. A new page I have added may encourage you to move to a fitness walk.

An easy formula to have for a walk is 5 minutes of warm up walking. Then walk fast enough to hear your breathing without being out of breathe for 20 minutes. (Any discomfort out out of breathe slow down until normal breathing returns.) Finally walk slower to cool down for about 5 minutes. On my walk today I probably warmed up for 3 minutes and with out thinking I naturally got into a faster pace for about 31-32 minutes then had a 5 minute cool down walk where my breathing returned to normal. Muscles loose I had a good stretch.

The new page talks about a 12 week program recommended by Dr. Ken Cooper. In three months you can be aerobically fit.

This week two friends had close calls with traffic accidents. Both of these people I love and I am glad their lives were spared. Let me remind all of us to keep a good safety cushion from other cars we are traveling with and be mindful in bad weather drivers and walkers can do the unexpected. Thank you Lord for your traveling mercies. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net