Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Roads still to walk

Here is a road I didn't travel
There are lots of trails I haven't walked on. There are places I haven't traveled. But in some way I can see and experience these places through travels by friends. Most days I walk the trails of Rock Run or Pilcher Park. I visited one site where the person wrote so beautifully of walks done all over the world. I was impressed with the art of writting.
I have over the years traveled to many places that covered four continants. I love the internet that can take me many places in seconds. Lord willing I may have a few journeys to travel and discover the wonder and beauty of living on this planet. I have seen bad things and I know that there is plenty of hurt.
When I lived in Africa, I lived in a rain forest. Each day I woke up to a tropical heat in rainy season or dry season. I wish I could take you on some of the walks I did there. I walked in the night as well. The stars, I miss seeing them.  There was the most beautiful things there and the most painful things there. One event followed the next. I may have played a football (soccor) barefoot and looking down the road and seeing a lady dying from a snake bite coming to us for help.
We did what we could, we set up a clinic, ran a school, fed the children, shared good news, and somehow tried to help people and lift their burdens a little. When it comes to helping people, do you do enough? For me I feel I could have done more, but then I look back and I can see I did what I could.  Like walking, I am not ready to quit or retire. I may one day not work like I do today, but I still think I can do what I can.
A thirty minute walk, does wonders for the body. each day I do it I feel myself getting back into the swing of things. Each walk is just a little bit easier. I feel energized. Would I like to walk through a
medieval town? You bet! Travels can be planned for but we need to live each day. I am doing some of best work with kids this year. Could I do more, probably yes, but when I look back...keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net