Monday, February 13, 2012

Longevity maybe

Seasonal change where ever we live can be cool
Longevity, I have read a lot about the subject. In less than two months I will be 60. When I read the local obituary notices one thing I have noticed is a lot of people my age and younger pass away. When you are 30, 40, 50 you look at the possibility of living to 90 or more. Thinking of 80 or 90 it seems a long time away. People who die at 30, 40 or 50 had something unusual happen to them. But at 60 it seems very possible that one could die. Longevity for what it is worth isn't that far away. Gloomy isn't it.

One thing that has fascinated me this year is to enjoy each day. I don't mean a walk into an ease of retirement, but to enjoy work and to enjoy the people and moments in your life. I put together a poster of wild life that can be enjoyed right in the city and county that I live in. In it are the many amazing species of migrating birds that I have seen with my own eyes. The deer and foxes and beavers that have crossed my path. I can enjoy daily walks on a trail not 5 miles from my house. I love the ocean and the mountains, but I can experience woodlands and rivers and lakes, prairies and all the animals that go with it.

The celebration of a life shared with Barb now 36 years. Looking back are many adventures. When does our life on this planet end and our eternal life with the Lord continue in heaven. I don't know that point in time for me or for you. What we have are good healthy choices today and tomorrow will come. I like this living in the moment. I like the priority of my relationship to the Lord and how He works in all areas of my life.

Moving in walking or exercise gets the blood pumping and oxygen and nutrients to all areas of my body. Eating good food in portions helps with the weight. Enjoying work and home living in the moment of my life keeps me strong emotionally and mentally. Bringing God into my life gives me balance and hope and much more. How long will I live? I am not sure, but I sure like living well.

I have enjoyed the contacts I have made with people on line. Pictures and experiences shared. I am looking forward to being with friends and family as often as I can. Each visit is special. I have renewed friendships I thought was lost. Each one is a miracle. We were made for friendship and fellowship. Talk about healthy, friendships make all the differences in the world. I'm in a text conversation with my oldest grandson as I finish up this blog. Isn't technology great.

It is your life...live it where you are and live it now. 60? what are you waiting for? Keep walking

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog. I will take your advice and "Keep walking"!

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net