Monday, December 30, 2013

I have one resolution

"Brrrrr! it's cold out side" 2013 coming to an end. Usually a time for passages, reviews and resolutions. many bloggers list their top 10 blogs of the year. When you were a kid did you ever think what life would be like in 2014? There has been a lot of changes. I remember as a kid watching or reading a Dick Tracy strip and imaging a wrist watch where you could talk to people any where you were at. Recall the badges on Star Trek. Well we have those things now and what do people do with them? They text, don't talk. We finally got the technology and we don't use it. It is harder to talk to someone now than when we had party lines. We have ID calling and I guess that cuts the call before it can happen.
Maybe your experience is different than mine. You may get calls all the time.
Cars are more efficient, but not enough. Insulation has improved our winter experience and air conditioning our summer. But in so doing it has taken us off the porch in the summer to escape the warm indoors and has made our outdoor experience less safe. TV has changed, more choice bigger screens and sound. Computers and pads expand our virtual world and experience. I miss the beach club in the summer.
As far as the good old days one has to be careful. If we don't experience some new old days we may have missed the point. That is my resolution to have as many good days as I can. Keep walking


1 comment:

  1. I like your resolution Bill. Good luck in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net