Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sleep a blessing

Earlier in the day Barb and I went for a walk, we walked nearly 4 miles. A wonderful fall day now with many leaves fallen the coolness reminds us winter is on the way.
Sleep restores the body, "for so he gives His beloved sleep" Psalm 127:2. Tired from the cares of the day and stress, sleep restores our body. I woke up a few minutes ago and as I write, the four hours I slept uninterrupted. I read this Psalm. It is part of the ascent Psalms the Jews would have recited on their holy trips to Jerusalem. Jesus as a boy would have meditated on this Psalm on the trail from Nazareth to Jerusalem. Walking thinking on Scripture. next time on the walking trail take a verse with you to meditate on as you walk. Walking has help me as I have deal with battles of insomnia. Well I am back to bed for a few more hours of rest. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net