Monday, October 25, 2010

Health a gift? - smile at life

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart and good news brings health to the bones." Prov. 15:30
When I am walking the halls of the school I work at I try to give a kind look to the kids I pass. Do you remember Mick Dundee in the streets of New York attempting to say to all the passer-Byers "Good day, Mate" he was a bit overwhelmed. I pass hundreds of kids everyday and it very easy to see faces without really noticing or making contact. Kids often draw attention to themselves with negative behavior. It would be very easy to look authoritative and down at the kids. I try to be different as often as I can and smile, laugh with, or turn the negative into a positive by being polite or good natured. It could be possible that I was the first adult to show a gentle, kind, smile that day. There are times when I have to intervene but if I choose a kind word, thought, smile I prefer. As long as I am getting many of my daily steps in transit why not give a cheerful look. Sometimes I am lost in thought and my natural look may not be so cheerful but if I am conscious of showing a kind face it is more fun to walk crowded halls. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net