Monday, October 11, 2010

Frisbe golf

One of my easy ways to pick up steps is a round of Frisbee golf. One of my many rehabs to my body is working on my shoulder and neck pain from to many falls. It was encouraging with improved strength and flexibility to see better throws with the Frisbee. While I enjoy the walk it is also nice to improve with a game. Give disc golf a try and keep walking.
In my studies in the Life of Christ I have focused on viewing his life as an eyewitness walking with him. One thing I have noticed was the great distances people walked to be helped by him or in some cases go against him as some of the religious leaders traveled from Jerusalem to Galilee. There is no doubt about it, people of the Bible were walkers. They may not have thought of it as a two mile aerobic walk or 10,000 steps but they did these things and more. I was reading an article from AARP on walking and if you walk 10,000 steps any way you can in your day it is like a 30 minute workout.
Aches and pains may come as we age but don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net