Wednesday, October 27, 2010

my doctor and walking

It was another beautiful fall day. It has been rather windy the past couple of days but on my walk the wind gave me a sweat free day. I know I sweated but the wind helped evaporate the sweat. I also took a brief walk on my lunch hour. In total I walked 15000 + steps today. I also used a resistance workout. On the walk Barb and I noticed animals preparing for winter. A squirrel was working on the nest, a bird in the brush busy. Winter is coming and we are planning our winter walks both indoors and out.
A friend of mine has lost 60 lbs lately and has encouraged me to again check my portions, they could be smaller. My portions are smaller than 5 years ago but I think I can improve my intake to reach weight goals. The good news today was I ate less than I used.
In my health journey besides my personal doctor, Dr. RW Shubert, Dr. Ken Cooper and his staff have been a real encouragement to me in my quest for better health. His combination of aerobics, strength training and stretching is right on for those of us getting older and want to improve the quality of life and even the longevity of life. One area I would like him write on more is his faith and its impact on his health. Health to me includes more than a workout but other interests as well. In my relationships, the arts, hobbies, and joy in life and the Lord. Check Cooper out on the web.
My son the other day encouraged me with some wise counsel. He has turned into a wise man as he moves into a new career. It is such a blessing to talk with your kids as adults and have adult conversations, I hope I have many years their equal before they become my caretaker.
Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net