Saturday, October 9, 2010

This is the day


When I was a kid we called a day like today Indian summer, today we call it global warming but what ever we call today's wonderful fall day it was a day to get outside. A visit with neighbors, mowing the grass and yard work is a natural way to get moving. Before I know it I have walked 7000 steps. A few other shores inside and out and I reached 10,000 steps. One of the benefits of walking is the ability to do yard work. Good for the heart and health.


It was nice to kick back with friends and enjoy the day. Today was a day in paradise right here in Joliet. I love to travel and as I get older I love tropical weather but it is nice to have day right in the backyard with no travel expense.


I am reminded of a Psalm we used to sing, (I still do) "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it" Psalm 118:24. Today it was easy to think on the blessing of the day. In Illinois the weather will change and the Lord made those days too.


It helps me to look at yard work as an opportunity to move the ole bones to better health. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net