Monday, February 17, 2014

My walking buddy today really encouraged me to get out move that body

Liam holds a PhD. in Senior Movingitus
How important it is for us to move to exercise now to go for a walk. I went with my grandson and son walking and it was great move outside. Up where my son lives though a lot of the sidewalks were clearer and they were able to go about for about a mile walk. My three-year-old grandson he can move and he gets a big kick out of just walking. It was hard to keep up but I did and we got back just in time for me to catch my breath then you know visit for a little bit more.
On the way back home Barb and I stopped off near starved rock to look for eagles. And the river our the only river was frozen by the dam which was released sometime not seen before. And there were two eagles out there in the tree but that's all we can see. Liam was pretty good to get me outside today and that was a good thing it was really rather nice too it's far as where goes home is it if felt like in the upper 20s. And we built a snowman and he did he could've stayed out there for quite a bit of time for bed for three-year-old.
We starts a new week so I'm going to take each day and try to do something different each day and move a little differently. I've been moving right now using my indoor bike. Tomorrow looks like another shovel snow day which is another way of exercising. And I hope to do some indoor walking. Hi dead an indoor exercise program the other day that you could download the app on your phone. I found it really challenging like I really wasn't ready to do some things. If you haven't done jumping jacks in about 40 years it's a it's a different experience to try it again. When I was doing The jumping jacks and I was laughing at myself because I wasn't quite as coordinated as I used to be with it.  It seemed like I was doing the opposite of what I was hoping to do. I've been working on some lunges which I think will really help in the idea of the ability to get off the floor. Using our bodies to strengthen our muscles I like that idea more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net