Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Forget the gimmicks, it's time to plan how you're going to fight back as we age

Have you ever noticed where when you were 40 it looked good to be 30, when you were 50 it look pretty good to be 40, we were 60 it looked pretty good to be 50, now I'm not there yet but I imagine when I get to be 70, 60 will look pretty good. Maybe because I stay up too late I noticed that the programs I watch have all kinds of products that promise the fountain of youth. To just look couple years younger you know or to hold back the effects of time in a less wrinkles less fat whatever you know. There's all kinds of TV ads to go with that.
Well we get older and with age comes aches and pains, when it comes to challenges we have. One of the things that happens is if we get a problem and we don't take care of it it could lead to you know a more permanent disability. Since on the fat man walking I've been looking at the numbers on obesity and a tendency to become a mobile. It seems as if the more we sit regardless of exercise the more possibility that we will need assistance to walk later on.
According to Robert Hill a PhD guy who wrote a book called seven strategies for positive Aging, It seems to be on aTime track as we age one is healthy and the other one is not. The one it's not Healthy have certain diseases that occur in the late 50s early 60s and that tends to set that person on a course of life that may terminate in their 70s another course of life is a person who is healthy and they're on a track to where their life may come to an end in their late 80's or 90s. Dr. Cooper down in Dallas, his work has sort of said similar things. And through lifestyle changes we might set ourselves on a healthier track where we are experiencing a better quality of life.
I decided about seven years ago to set on a course where I could change some my lifestyle habits, so that I could have better wall to you like in my living. What I've been reading of late is that if we do not plan to change or plan to choose to walk or get more movement in our life. Make changes in her diet that his heart healthy or if need be diabetic healthy. Even in my mental life I had to make some changes about how I was dealing with anxiety and depression. For it seems that these things can cause our bodies to react negatively. It can stress can introduce other challenges like cancer or body breakdown or strokes. So this thing of aging I gets more complicated.
Each of us has our own challenges. To meet them we have to spend some time thinking about it getting the right care, and gained in on making the effort to get moving and walking in the challenge ourselves to lose weight. Years ago I read things that said it every year we gain weight was some point we have to pay the piper know for all the years that we put on weight. And I know being older it's harder to get rid of the weight. I just read a study today from the New York Times, that talked about people who have to fight diseases weight gain and getting rid of the wait is even harder. So you know eventually that weight will force us to have to get some kind of mobility aid to help us move around. So that's our problem, I will pick up this blog gotten along later. And will talk more about some things we can do that can fight this kind of decline. I think it's discouraging to a lot of people so we need to think about it and we need to plan how we want to deal with it keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net