Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Focus on indoor workouts

Well were heading for another record year of snow. I think we are shooting for 73 inches, we are at 59 inches right now. We got a good month or so to go also,  will see if we get closer to it. It's really pretty out and but I think all of us are ready to quit shoveling snow.
There's two things and I'm happy about while I'm inside here and you're surviving the cold weather. I am keeping warm, yesterday I walked an indoor walking 2 miles plus. I did a lot of short workouts  the day, taking breaks from my work. There are a lot of ways to take a break from being on a desk or will sit working reading throughout the day that you can use your body weight with. So while I was working at my desk I would take out about every half hour 40 minutes I would take a little time to go to the my microwave and broke a little coffee
I was waiting to be doing different exercises off the counter. One thing I'm no I'm trying is to do some lunges where I lower the back leg knee almost to the ground and that way I get a nice stretch in my legs and, I'm working out a little confidently so that I can have the strength to get up off the floor, doing 12 reps I can feel the burn particularly on my right side where my CP is` a little more. Isolating that side of my body in the longe Shows me that I need a little more work there. when I do a squat I think I compensate more with my strong leg.
The other thing that I like is today I did a routine with my indoor bike where I did interval training. I'm biking 30 minutes and I alternate between the faster paces and slower paces and while I'm doing it, I've got a little music going on so it's pretty good workout.
Liam reminds me that when it comes to snow there is a part of it the belongs to kids. Doesn't he have a great smile.
Indoor activity can be a real boost to our health. We have to find ways to move during the winter. Today I took advantage of the technology that I have. 
I actually used my microphone to record this entire blog. It works better than typing it on the keyboard on your phone. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net