Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Aging Graceful sometimes we have to be "Mad as Hell"

Peter Finch portrays the angry Howard Beale in the 1976
movie “Network.” Have you ever been "Mad as Hell"
Working through some arthritic pain right now. Lots of studies show how moving helps. Sometimes we have to take time to move right with skilled therapy. Often it comes down to little moves you wouldn't think of. I have a few weeks before I measure waist again. Each day I try to do the right thing in regard to eating and moving. here I am just saying I am working on it.
Several articles I linked happiness and faster walking to graceful aging. There are reason why we may not walk as fast as we should. But here is a goal for you this year - walk a little faster than what you can do right now. If you walk 1/2 hour miles, a stroll try to walk 20-25 minutes miles. If add the end of the year you walk 26 minutes per mile, give yourself a hug. If you are walking 20 minute mile, try to reach 16-18 minute mile. Your getting in the aerobic area and based on age and conditioning you may be there. Somehow this all makes a difference.
Are you a a happy person or a grump? Apparently it matters in healthy aging. If you are a grump how do you get happy? Think about it because I am not sure myself how to change. In the movie "Grumpy Old Men" They were always in a bad mood toward each other. The bright spot was they saw humor in playing tricks on each other. They also had joy with their kids. Problems came where they actually cared about each other. It is a movie, but maybe we are not grumpy about everything. Finding things we can find joy or good feelings about may be what we should look for each day. Get a notebook, use a notebook or program on phone or computer. Write down each day something that makes you happy, smile, feel good about. Do have somebody when you gripe with can laugh about it? Write it down. Some of my favorite conversations are mutual complaining. Barb is not very good at it. She is a happy person. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net