Monday, June 3, 2013

The Bible keeps me positive and hanging in there to help others...

Mart Dehann's blog. Been thinking About talked about how people misuse the Bible, beloved by millions including me. It has always left a bad taste in my mouth when the Bible is used for some selfish purpose. Some use it to build themselves up and tear others down.
I was watching an episode of Ellis Peter's Cadfael where a monk was delirious and others stood by to take his comments in his weaken state to the young man's ruin. Cadfael studied the events out and came to the young man's aid. The two actors playing the cads do a very good job. Personally I think it would be fun to play a villain. But in real life I think it is better to use our gifts and talents to encourage people in a fallen and too often harsh world.
To attack the wounded, or those weak in some way is a cowardly act. In the body of Christ we should use the Bible as it was intended, to help those lost in unbelief or ignorance come to know Christ who is the "light of the world" as He says in John 8:12, "Ἰησοῦς λέγων· ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ φῶς τοῦ κόσμου·" Within the body, the Church we are to bind up the wounds and share words that build up. One of the fruit of the Spirit is kindness, χρηστότης, right next to is goodness, ἀγαθωσύνη,. When we build on these words we are doing something to benefit others. All of the fruits of the Spirit spring from love, ἀγάπη which we do when we love as God loves unconditionally.
I have failed enough to know I am far from perfect. I am glad others shared their strength when I needed it. But I never mind standing against those who hurt others by abusing the Bible. Mart's blog worth reading, keep walking

http://www.beenthinking.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net