Thursday, June 13, 2013

Everyday living to health

Here we are in Long Beach, California in a taffy
shop, that was a good day. We walked 4 miles that
day and we didn't walk off the taffy.
What a beautiful day today. Last night was quite a storm front through the Midwest but today was awesome. I was sitting out today reading a Longmire mystery, painting trim for our bedroom feeling what we used to say "pretty groovy". Walking and loosening up this ole body, feeling good.
Restocking my tools and doing some rehabbing in the house gives me plenty of stair climbing. My grand son wants to earn some money cutting grass so their goes a workout. Turning my energy to home renewal may be a trade off.
Do lists are great way to get more steps in your day and may include movement involving your whole body. If you are aware of a step conversion charts you may see a healthy angle to the shores of life.
It has been over a year since I added sit ups, push ups and squats to my daily routine. If
Yep, a pretty good day
you start out with modified movements it works. Things like getting up from chairs, getting in groceries, doing stuff that takes muscles is easier. These workouts used later at night have helped me actually get to sleep faster. Part of that is helping my CP and relaxing and stretching out the muscles. Moderate or easy workouts in the evening can be very helpful with sleep. Dr. Oz has a PM workout that you can look up at Real Health.
Long summer days I think get all of us active. Hot days look to walking early or late. I know many friends down in Florida who walk before day light. Retired consider a pre-dawn stroll. When I am in Florida I like to swim.
Ice treatments really helped, recovering very good from a fall earlier this week. I think everything I have written in the blog is the stuff of everyday life we can do. Eating right, moving, getting pleasure out of what we do all adds up to a good day.
Dr. Cooper, Leslie Sansone and others have share if we decide to do one thing for better health it often leads to other things and in the end we feel pretty good. Keep walking   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net