Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Just walking

Walking has a pace to be aerobic, right now I a walking 2 mile walk at a 15 minute pace with a few minutes at the beginning and end at a slower rate to warm up and cool down. Like running I am paying attention  to form and muscle movement. Arms are moving and I am trying to move fast enough to breathe deeper. Sometime in the summer I will walk a 12 minute pace for 20 minutes in the 2 mile walk.
There are many good goals in walking from 10,000 steps to just getting started. A stroll can be great as well as short walks through out the day. Your doctor, and your body will tell you what you can do. Most of us can improve, but walking any way we can, swimming, biking, gardening, visiting friends, shopping, or a hours and other ways keep us moving.
It was great to see friends photos on face book. What a simple encouragement. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net