Saturday, June 22, 2013

Soaked in the longest day

Ever since December we have waited off this day. A day to take note of for sunshine or daylight for the longest of days. Mentally and physically we do better in long days then w do in the short days of winter. I plan to sit out on the deck if the storms pass through.
Reading an article on being frail at 70. About 5 to 10% of us will find our saves to thin and weak with loss of muscle. The article talked about exercise and using Ensure to put on weight. One question I have is can we prevent being frail or delay it? Another thing I note is 90% of will delay it.
In reading books on aging by Dr. Cooper we can delay aging by aerobic exercise and weight training. Weight training with weights, bands, have a positive effect on our bodies as we get older that I think every senior should consider. We can delay muscle loss and even put on muscle into our nineties.
We are all different but I encourage you to invest in your retirement by walking and strength fitness. The quality of living and benefits abound with 30 to 40 minutes of exercise. How you do it can vary.
The evening cleared and the day ended nicely. Many long days ahead. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net