Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer fun

Last night we lost power and took me back to my youth. You remember no fans or air, just sleeping by an open window. Billy, Tanya and the kids were visiting and by camp light and candles we played a mystery game. Not a bad evening.
Today power restored, but fun playing in the kiddy pool and lots of playing and laughter. Billy and I took turns cutting the grass and when everybody went to bed I went for my two mile walk. I took advantage of the air and walked indoors. It is also a lot safer. 
Later this summer we are. Planning to go to Brookfield Zoo in particular to see the dinosaurs. When you go on these outings don't underestimate your steps. There is a reason why your feet are tired at the end of the day. You can easily walk 8,000 to 14,000 steps. It isn't the fastest walk, but your feet don't know that.
Many of my co-workers are being world travelers this summer. I am enjoying their journey's. the digital world is fantastic as pictures videos can be shared so quickly. 
The Black Hawks won the Stanley Cup. Watching on big screen TV's make it easy to follow the puck. The blessings in our lives we can take for granted, but I am glad they can come down to a simple game shared by candle light. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net