Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thirsty

From Mart Dehahn blog 
Water, H2O, without a doubt is one of things on this planet we have that gives us life.The third rock from the sun happens to be in a good orbit getting renewable energy from the sun. The air we breath suits our bodies very well. The plant world, animal world and our world all fit together in intelligent design to sustain life. There are places in our world where it would be hard to live. At the poles, the Sahara desert or any desert would challenge us to live. In the land of the Bible one thing you can see even today, where there is water there is life. People have escaped to the wilderness for refuge. Some even go there to hide from a life of crime. David and Jesus went into the wilderness for different reasons. David fled to places of safety from his enemies. Jesus went into the wilderness to face extreme conditions to be tempted by the devil, a very powerful angel who rebelled against God.

It doesn't take long in a desert to be in need of water. Your sweat dries before you know you are sweating. I sweat a lot and in the deserts I've been through in Israel and the American Southwest my shirt actually stays dry. One advise I received makes sense, when you have used half your water it is time to head back to your place of safety. That place first better have water.

We were made to drink water. Lots of it. Times in our lives we find our selves in need of water. By the times we think we are thirsty I have been told we are too dehydrated. One walk I carried a half of gallon canteen and drank it all to be filled up at the end of my journey. I stayed hydrated and refilled and drank some more.

Walking I think makes water more appealing. The walkers I know drink water and they appreciate the simplicity of how it meets the bodies need. Enjoy your cup of coffee, I do but trade some of your soft drinks for the simple pleasure of water. Your body will thank you. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net