Sunday, January 15, 2012

Feel overwhelmed

This last year I have experienced new experiences in stress and feelings of being overwhelmed. In the past I have experienced burnout where it took rest and time to be rejuvenated. I was reading a blog from Mart De Haan of Radio Bible Class titled, What if we Collapsed? http://beenthinking.org/ In it put beside two scriptures that give us a clue why at times we experience burdens that over whelm us. Quotes from the Net Bible:
1 Cor. 10:13 No trial has overtaken you that is not faced by others. And God is faithful: He will not let you be tried beyond what you are able to bear, but with the trial will also provide a way out so that you may be able to endure it.
Here we find God puts limits on our trials. Like me you may find you have a burden that over whelms you. In WW2 men who experienced many battles felt any time and every new battle could break you. There is a thin line between being a hero and cowering in fear. Going through the insanity of the evil of war is unpredictable in one's mental health.
Note what Paul says months later in 2 Corinthians 1:8, For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, regarding the affliction that happened to us in the province of Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of living.
Have you ever been in a place where you were so stressed out you were beyond your strength? I can remember two falls I took where I was so beat up I was exhausted. I can recall depression and illness that took what seemed everything out of me. All of us will experience the end of our strength at death. Where do we get to the place of the promise of 1 Cor. 10:13?
Check out 2 Cor. 1:9, Indeed we felt as if the sentence of death had been passed against us, so that we would not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead
God allows burdens so that we put our faith in Him and not our limitations. I want to be strong and I want to overcome and I want health and well being, but in this life things happen all the time we call them trials, burdens, sicknesses, attacks, birth defects, I have had a couple all of my life. Why all this hard stuff? God allows them to get us to trust Him. We only have a short life time to do this. Trusting God He gives us the strength and way to get through it, even the greatest stress, death.
Walk, eat healthy, see your doctor, make friends, make the most of each day. Yes to all of that, but most of all put your faith in God who loves you so much He sent His Son to redeem you and give eternal life so that even through the worse of our limitations death He gives us a way to Him forever. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net