Sunday, January 8, 2012

Alone? alone but not alone mental health

http://www.nightsoundsradio.org/

For many of you the above link you may not be aware of. Bill Pierce's Nightsounds was a perfect late night radio program. I have always been a night owl when ever I could choose to be. Nightsounds was a perfect companion. I can recall reading great Christian books and when it was time for the program I would tune in.

Last year I found the program on the Internet and at my choosing there are five programs to choose from. The recordings are timeless. I was sadden to hear Bill had passed but he did so after a long fruitful life. I think that is how we are to live. Using what God has given us and being faithful at it to the end.

Tonight my thoughts are about being alone. Maybe you are out there alone. I was writing earlier about Jesus being alone in the wilderness. It was a place where evil people hid and robbed and killed. The story of the Good Samaritan takes place on a road that boarders the wilderness. Jesus would have to brave the cold desert nights with just His clothes to protect Him from the harsh environment. Wild men and beasts and all the dangers of being alone. If we careful examine the event we will find that Jesus was not alone. (Matt. 4:11)

There is one who never sleeps nor slumbers. I know that is one of the reasons I like the stillness of the night. You are not alone. As I write this I can hear the sound of the horn of the barge floating down the river. Nightsounds like the furnace running can have its own comfort. But the One who is with me in the night watch I know I am never alone. Get a chance visit Night Sound. 

Had a few weeks where we could walk outside. Usually it is too cold for us. Cold is coming so I will have that cup of hot chocolate. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net