Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Simple work out and therapy scores - breathing works

The other night I had a battle with my intestinal system being at war with me. The truth it has won all battles with me  to deal with it and recover and rehab my body as I tried. I needed IV's and medicines to calm the disease and rehydrate. Round one I felt better and was able to eat simple things and drink water. The next day and night I felt like I was in the road to recovery. Then the unthinkable happened, round two begin. For three hours waves of nausea hit and weakened me and stronger as time continued. I began to speed up breathing and my blood pressure rose. My anxieties were now fueling the nausea I am in a clutch of a vicious cycle.

How did I get out of it. The nausea was real. Barb reminds me fast shallow breathes make the nausea worse. My problem was the feeling we all real. But I could not stop the anxiety about the nausea or the discomfort so I reached back into my box of treasures and pulled out to treasures to tackle the beast. One I thanked Barb for the suggestion and I went back into a breathing exercise that should help to slow the breathing down. Breath in 1,2,3,4 hold breath 1, 2, 3, 4 exhale 1, 2,2 3, 4 hold to next breathe 1, 2, 3, 4. Closing my eyes helped focus on the count and the experience of each breath cycle. With in a half hour I felt better and another half I was able to switch therapies to music and prayer and worship. With my nausea under control I was able to take my medicine and 32 ounces of water to over come dehydration.

I slept the rest of my sleep cycle and continue to recover.

Tonight simple moves push ups, crunches and work out down stairs. Getting my legs under me, Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net